Tuesday, June 9, 2009

One Point Wonder

Sometimes, at SACHR, time gets very tight, what with giving full conventional treatments, and helping with NADA protocol in the Sanctuary. Case in point: A young woman asked for full body treatment for back pain. She said she has a scoliosis, and that her low back gets painful. However, she had to be at a women's meeting at 2:00 pm, and she had to fill out the requisite paperwork and consent forms before I could treat her. The time was 1:40, not enough. So, I let her fill out the paperwork, gave her ear-seeds for NADA, and then gave her what I called a "quick and dirty" back treatment.
After she filled out the forms (which I filed for later use), I asked which direction hurt her the most to turn toward. She indicated that rotating her waist to her right was more painful. I therefore used extra point yaotongxue, on the dorsum of her left hand. Yaotongxue is actually two points, just distal to the carpal bones, between the 2nd and 3rd, and the 4th and 5th metacarpal bones. For her, the one between the 4th and 5th metacarpals was the more painful.
I stimulated the needle at that point, by rotating it with draining, while she rotated her waist left and right. After five minutes, she said the pain was gone. I retained the needle for five more minutes, every so often stimulating it, then removed both needles. The pain was completely gone, and she was able to go to her women's meeting pain free.

No comments:

Post a Comment